Finesse is an personal shopfront, positioned in a corner brick terrace in central Collingwood. Freshly re-positioned, Finesse is made to provide an personal environment for scarce & minimal edition sneakers. The exisiting walls and ceiling are washed in neutral blush tones, with a collection of steel vertical acrow props (scaffold) offering help for show shelving & garments rails.
Each shelving device is fabricated from a singular folded aluminium sheet & bolted in put to the scaffold supports. This allows for the exhibit & inside area to be entirely adjustable. Negating any fixings made to the present fabric of the house as nicely getting conveniently detachable at the end of the tenancy. The principal display screen is angled to reply to the current road entrance window inviting passers by to cease & glance – its angular sort making area for the switching space within the very small volume.
Overhead a coloured linear mild extends in the direction of the entry doorway – permitting for adjustment of the atmosphere to the room. The profits desk & display plinths are wrapped in seamless speckled vinyl so as to visually melt into the floor. Edible softness contrasting with a personalized aluminium bench delivering a spot to sit and attempt on footwear.
Finesse was intended with sustainability at the forefront:
– 100% removable & designed from pre-present factors (scaffold)
– Nominal intervention to current developing material (no injury or fixings produced to room)
– Maximising functionality in just a very small footprint
– Zero / small waste ie. singular aluminium folded sheet / off shelf factors
– Overall flexibility in design makes it possible for area to be reconfigured for functions / differing shows & promotions
– Limited use of resources
– Use of conveniently available / pre-fabricated components i.e shelving units