Fireplace officers responded Friday morning to a kitchen area fire at a church on E. Butcher Change Street in Lafayette.
According to the Lafayette Fireplace Division, firefighters responded to a report of smoke coming from the Entire world Harvest Lighthouse Church about 5:28 am on April 8.
When very first responders arrived on scene, large smoke was emitting from the interior of the church. Firefighters gained entry into the church and found the fireplace in the kitchen.
The hearth was brought less than regulate within 20 minutes.
Fireplace officers say the kitchen sustained major fire problems. The rest of the church, like the sanctuary, sustained major smoke and soot destruction.
Fire investigators are analyzing a kitchen area appliance as quite possibly contributing to the hearth.
The trigger of the fire is underneath investigation.
KATC was on the scene Friday early morning. See the video down below:
LFD responds to kitchen area hearth at church on Butcher Swap (part 2)
Continue to be in contact with us at any time, everywhere.
To achieve the newsroom or report a typo/correction, simply click Below.
Indicator up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Find from these possibilities: Breaking News, Night News Headlines, Newest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Exclusive Provides