Here are the food service inspections reported by the Onondaga County Health Department from May 9 to 15:
Hickory Hill Ice Cream
3451 Route 31, Baldwinsville, NY 13027
Inspection done 3:48 p.m. May 11, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: Toxic chemicals are improperly labeled, stored or used so that contamination of food can occur. Spray bottle of chemical mixture not labelled (corrected).
Prep top cooler containing whipped cream and ice cream toppings not operating properly (corrected – whipped cream that was in refrigerator for more than 2 hours discarded; maintenance company called).
Violations: Hand wash sink at the main service counter has no soap or single service paper towels (corrected).
2100 Park Street, Syracuse, NY 13208
Inspection done 8:30 a.m. May 12, 2021
Reinspection is not Required
Critical violations: Reach in, double-door cooler in front service area containing potentially hazardous food items not properly working; temperature of cooler at 52 degrees (corrected – items voluntarily discarded).
Violations: Ice machine at front service counter has mold growth inside machine.
Cart in walk-in cooler containing cooked and cooled potatoes is dirty, has accumulation of debris. Wire shelves in walk-in cooler dirty. Interior floor of reach-in cooler at end of cook line dirty, has accumulation of food debris.
Mop sink not properly maintained and easily accessible for floor maintenance.
Floors in walk-in cooler dirty. Floors in poor repair throughout kitchen area.
Comments: All workers wearing proper face coverings.
U Tea Destiny USA Inc.
3 Destiny USA Drive, Syracuse, NY 13204
Inspection done 2:54 p.m. May 12, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: None
Violations: Food items stored on floor in rear kitchen. Clothes stored on food items.
In-use ice scoop stored directly on top of ice machine, not an easily cleanable surface.
Interior of the ice machine dirty. Floor drain for sink dirty with large amount of food debris accumulated on the sides.
Drain flies present in rear kitchen, around three-bay sink, prep sink and mop sink.
Funk ‘n Waffles
307-313 South Clinton Street, Syracuse, NY 13202
Inspection done 11:15 a.m. May 13, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: Several pounds of cooked, cut up potatoes in a large container noted on the preparation table at 53 degrees for approximately 45 minutes (corrected – returned to cooler).
Violations: Some liquor bottle spouts at bar are not covered, not protected.
Poly cutting board at large flip-top cooler heavily stained with cut marks, in poor repair.
Stainless food pans in cooler drawers dirty with accumulated food soil. Interior of black plastic bins holding clean sanitized utensils contain food debris.
Sides and front of cooler drawers, flat grill, and exterior of dish machine, bottom shelves of all prep coolers, all prep cooler door gaskets, exterior of white chest freezer, most lower shelving throughout, exterior of bulk food containers including lids, and interior of grey plastic trash container at three bay sink all dirty with accumulated food and environmental soil.
No hot water supplied to three-bay sink. Floor drain well next to three-bay sink and under dish counter dirty with accumulated food soil and debris.
Small flies noted around dish area, around and under three-bay sink, and at the bar.
Most floor areas dirty, primarily under equipment, racks and along baseboards.
Some overhead kitchen light tubes not properly shielded.
Comments: All employees properly wearing masks/face coverings. Signage indicates that masks/face coverings are required. Floor markings suggest social distance. Seating is well spaced at greater than six feet with booths separated by poly barriers.
The following establishments were inspected but no violations were found:
- 110 Grill, 9090 Destiny USA Drive, FC15, Syracuse
- Arrowhead Golf Course, 7185 East Taft Road, Cicero
- Behind the Iron Gate Mobile Unit, 1818 West Genesee Street, Syracuse
- Blue BBQ, 206 Claremont Drive, Camillus
- Brooklyn Pickle, 2222 Burnet Avenue, Syracuse
- China House, 600 South Geddes Street, Syracuse
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 3600 West Genesee Street, Geddes
- Cholita’s Chicken, 8045 Oswego Road, Clay
- Cristo’s Cafe, 441 South Salina Street, Syracuse
- Crossroads, 7119 Minoa Bridgeport Road, Manlius
- Cue Dogs Commissary, 2100 Park Street, Syracuse
- Dunkin Donuts, 5268 West Genesee Street, Camillus
- Fairmount Glen Miniature Golf, 210 Onondaga Road, Camillus
- Freedom of Espresso, 128 West Genesee Street, Manlius
- Gabrielle Chocolates, 8240 Cazenovia Road, Suite 130, Manlius
- Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant, 324 West Water Street, Syracuse
- Johnny Rockets, 9672 Destiny USA Drive, B-201, Syracuse
- Loded, 6393 Thompson Road, DeWitt
- Luna Cafe, 1001 East Fayette Street, Syracuse
- McDonald’s, 3329 West Genesee Street, Geddes
- McDonald’s, 400 Towne Drive, Manlius
- Nikki’s Cupcake Creations, 1086 US Route 11, Onondaga County
- Pope’s Grove Golf Course, 695 State Fair Boulevard, Geddes
- Sake Japan, 9090 Destiny USA Drive, Syracuse
- Sand Wedge Grill, 3451 Route 31, Lysander
- Starbucks Coffee Company, 217 West Genesee Street, Manlius
- SU Ernie Davis Dining Center, 619 Comstock Avenue, Syracuse
- SU Sadler Dining Center, 1000 Irving Avenue, Syracuse
- Village of East Syracuse Heman Street Apts – CR, 121 East Heman Street, DeWitt
- Westvale Golf Course, 106 Fireside Lane, Camillus
- Winds of Cold Springs Harbor, 3642 Hayes Road, Lysander
- The Wood, 7439 Canton Street Road, Van Buren
The following establishments were found to have corrected violations cited at previous inspections:
- Bianchi’s Pizza Pad, 2623 Milton Avenue, Geddes
Contact Brenda Duncan anytime: 315-470-2265 | Email | Twitter